9/05/2008

First day of Kindergarten..







Kianna started kindergarten today.

I brought her to her classroom. We found her locker, changed out of her coat and outdoor shoes and into her indoor shoes. We placed all of her labeled school supplies in the designated area.

"Mom, when are you leaving?"

"Mom, are you going to go yet?"

The teacher read the kids a story about a raccoon who was scared on his first day of school and how it's mother gave him a kiss on the palm of his hand.

The teacher gave the kids a little heart to put in the palm of our hands (parents) and then they said good-bye and we left our children there in her capable hands.

My daughter had no worries about me leaving. She couldn't wait for me to go!

I guess she's ready for this new world called school.

4 comments:

Toni Ertl said...

In some ways it's sad when children grow up. But I also view it as a sign of good parenting that children are confident and able to handle new challenges without excessive distress.

Pants since 1986 said...

those pictures look startlingly similar to pictures of my first day of school - not so much in the details, but in the sentiments and attitude of the pictures. Despite how much the world has changed since I started kindergarten 20+ years ago, it still seems much has not changed as well.

Anonymous said...

hi... nice blog......... do drop in mine.....

CathJ said...

awww..she is cute..