11/24/2011

No More Than A Girl...

Mary....

She was no more than a girl when a powerful heavenly angel came face to face with her. Not only that, this angel informed her that she had been chosen by the Most High to be the mother of THE most powerful man to have ever walked this earth.

To read her mind during that time in her life would have been a privilege.

The thoughts, the fears, the questions, the wonder, the amazement...it must have consumed her very being.

I can only imagine some of the thoughts flowing through her mind.

How will I tell Joseph?

What will he say? What will he do?

How will I tell my family?

Will I lose those closest to me as they discover I'm pregnant? Will they believe that I was faithful?

Why would I be chosen to be the mother of this child?

Am I worthy? 

She must have experienced such inner turmoil as she pondered her life, the life of her forthcoming child, and the man she was destined to marry.

YET....

Mary praised her creator with her whole heart. She trusted in His plan for her and this child DESPITE the rumors that were flying around town about her. She trusted in His plan as her soon-to-be husband had thought to quietly divorce her. She trusted in His plan despite everything that was swirling in her in and around her.

She trusted God. That's all she needed in order to become the woman that today's world knows as the mother of Jesus.




1 comment:

Toni Ertl said...

Great to see you're back blogging, Candace.

:)