7/26/2007

Life in the Fast Lane

I've been officially working for 2 whole weeks now. Life's been a whole lot busier than normal with this job. It looks like I won't be staying on full-time at that company for long though. It's just not working out. That's the decision that both me and my employer have come to. I will however, continue to work Saturdays for them. This way I can still have the experience to post on my resume and have a great job reference as well. Jumping into things so quick with having 2 little ones at home has been harder than I thought it would be. I'm still needed at home. I can't let them be raised by others at this stage in their lives. I still have a week or 2 left before I'm finished my full-time work and that means I still need childcare for those weeks. There's no point in searching for a daycare now because I won't need it for long. I also get to take my daughter to preschool. I was quite upset on missing out on that opportunity, so maybe things are as they should be after all.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Hey Candace! Sorry to hear that the job didn't work out better for you, but that is good that you can stay on part time and get some experience. I can really understand about having other people raise your children at this young age. Maybe once they are in school it wouldn't be so hard, but to go from a full time mom to a full time employee and a mom...sounds hard to me even though I am not a mom yet.

Pants since 1986 said...

before she had kids, my mom worked full time. then she had kids and it wasn't until we were all in school that she returned to full time work. i think that is a wise decision - it is just better if the kids have a parent at home. Although, once the breast-feeding is done, you should convince your dear ol' hubby to stay home so you can work. he'd look darling in an apron...