2/17/2008

And Heaven adds.....

...one more to it's waiting list.

Kianna asked Jesus into her heart after supper tonight.

We were talking about my grandma who had passed away about 10 years ago now. Kianna asked me where she was. "In heaven" was my response.

"Can we go visit her?" she asks.

I then started to explain that heaven was where people who believed in Jesus went when they died.

"Just like daddy's grandma?" she says.
Lyndon's grandma passed away Jan. 24 of this year.

"Yes, just like daddy's grandma."

"She died on a cross." That was her conclusion. I think she was a little mixed up with her theology. I told her that Jesus died on a cross to take away our sins.

"Then where did she die?"
I responded with..."in her bed."

Then Kianna lets out a long oooooooooooooh and got just a tiny bit sad.

So from there we talked about going to heaven and who would be there and how to get there. I also had to explain that heaven was a place that we couldn't see. I don't know how much she understood, but she seemed to be ok with my answer.

Then I asked her if she wanted to go to heaven. And of course she did.

We prayed together to ask Jesus into her heart.

So one more on the waiting list into Heaven.

PTL

2 comments:

Toni Ertl said...

That

Is

Just

Brilliant.

Really please for you, Candace.

:D

enji said...

i'm not a parent, so i don't fully understand how excting that is... but i can imagine.
but i can't ever image how God must be feeling as his little girl asks him to be a part of her life.
i don't know if congrats is that right word to use... but for lack of a better word- congrats