4/02/2008

Monkey's

Life around here lately has been rather busy as usual. Kianna's back to preschool as of this week. I'm still babysitting on a regular basis between 3 different children as well. That certainly keeps me on my toes. Although, it seems to be my own children that cause me the most grief.

Spencer is most definitely hitting the 'terrible 2' stage. He's getting more attitude and getting into so much more trouble. For example, he decided one day during his nap time that he'd get into the garbage can full of dirty diapers. I'll just say that after naptime, he promptly got a bath and the sheets were put in the washing machine. Then only 2 days later during naptime, he found the bottle of baby lotion. He also got put in the tub and the sheets were put in the wash after that as well. Then this week, while I was busy doing some laundry, this little boy of mine decides he wants a banana. He pushed a chair up to the counter, found himself a steak knife, and was trying to cut a banana off of the bunch I had hanging on the hook on the counter. EEEEEEEEEEEK!!! Luckily I caught him before any serious damage was done. His sister was not like this at all!!!!

I wonder if I would have been done having children at one if he had been born first???

2 comments:

Angie said...

Almost the same thing happened to my sister with her youngest, Will. He got up on the kitchen counter and got a knife. Thankfully he wasn't hurt....but then there was the nosedive out of his crib last week, and the broken arm...

Toni Ertl said...

Chris could tell you some great stories about ours, involving poo, cat food, goldfish, cotton wool and all kinds of shenanigans. Most people who have a difficult first STILL go on to a second. It's almost as though it takes being reminded of how beastly things can be before we remember not to have any more.

FWIW most people find girls more difficult than boys, so it sounds like your pink one is especially good.