4/28/2008

"Our bear is dead....

...Auntie Candace," said my daughter's best friend Jacob. I responded with a feigned and saddened response of "ohhh, okay, that's sad."

Then I watched as both Jacob and Kianna, both of whom are 4 years old, brought their attention towards 2 year old Spencer while they were holding this apparently dead teddy bear.

"Will you make him better Spencer-Jesus?," they asked.

I could hardly contain myself as they pretended that "Spencer-Jesus" could really make this pretend dead bear all better.

I just had to laugh. All I got in response to my laughter were a couple of confused looks of "why are you laughing? our bear's dead."

The innocence of children. You gotta love it.

Who would have thought that my darling 2 year old son could double up as Jesus and heal dead teddy bears?

1 comment:

Angie said...

That is precious, a great story to tell them when they are older.