4/02/2007

Getting Stuck

Tomorrow I get to go get stuck. I need to get my hep A and hep B vaccinations before I go to Mexico on a missions trip. It's one thing for me to bring in my children to get their shots because I'm there to hold them still, it's completely different when it's my turn. Mind you, I usually just turn my head and don't look but it has been a while since I've had to be stuck with anything. The last time that happened I was in full-blown labour getting an epidural! I guess compared to that, these needles won't be so bad.
I have vivid memories of going to get my needles when I was 5. The health center was still at the cosmo civic center and we had to walk up a long ramp to get to the right floor. Then I was asked if I wanted to sit by myself or on mom's lap. Well, of course I chose mom's lap. It must have been a fairly traumatic experience for me to remember all of those details. Oddly enough, I'd like to be a nurse someday. I must have gotten over my fear of needles!
Oh well, I'll let you guys know how the needles went and if I passed out! The only thing is that I have to bring the kids along because there's nobody to babysit at that time of day so I'm hoping that they won't hinder the process at all. Kianna will be very curious about it and Spencer will just be wanting to move around. I guess I'll see how they do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha nice, my appointment is on Thursday. I also do not like needles... used to be sooo scared of them, then I got sick and had to get lots of blood taken... now i'm only mildly horrified.

Pants since 1986 said...

Growing up, I (along with my brothers) would freak out the nurse because we would very calmly watch as she put the needle in to draw blood. I loved watching the blood come shooting into the tube.