5/29/2007

Back From Mexico....

I arrived back from Mexico on Saturday night. What an amazing week. Our team of 24 was able to serve at an orphanage in Vicente Guerrero, Mexico. Everybody learned a whole lot on this trip including me.

Prayer....it works. Everyone we spoke to at the orphanage had a story. It all began with a need, then they prayed for it and God responded and provided for that need. This is something that happens daily out there. It's incredible. It doesn't matter how big or how small the need is, God still hears and answers.

Love...everyone needs it. As we served out there we learned that it doesn't matter if you can speak in the same language or even come from similar backgrounds, as long as love is there you can communicate with anyone. The kids would wrap their arms around our necks and just be so thrilled to have someone to play with and love them.

One thing I learned to appreciate about Saskatchewan were our flat and straight highways. I struggled alot with being carsick on this trip and I also caught a cold. My supply of gravol was quickly depleted. I could never live in the mountains that's for sure. Thank goodness for a team of people who loved me enough to pray for me while I was sick.

That's all I have for now...there will be more stories to come...

1 comment:

Jay said...

I can't wait to hear more!