10/31/2007

To Trick or Treat?

With today being halloween, I have resigned myself to the fact that my doorbell will be ringing as princesses and ninja turtles walk up and down the sidewalk seeking out some candy.

I'm ok with that.

I won't be home!

We will be taking our kids out and about to get their own share of the candy available to them. Kianna will be all dressed up as a dalmation and Spencer will be a very cute bunny rabbit. If he was any older he wouldn't be able to get away with wearing this costume, but I love it!

I know that many people, especially Christians have a problem with allowing their kids to be involved in the activities associated with halloween. I, myself, have no problem with allowing my kids to go from door to door, under parental supervision of course, to say the practiced "trick or treat" to the person who answers the knock.

It's been fun being able to look forward to going out tonight with the kids. Kianna can't wait and this will be Spencer's first time actually trick or treating. Of course we have to make the traditional stop at grandma's house so that she can see what her darlings have dressed up as this year but other than that, we'll be out and about knocking on other peoples doors.

For our family, halloween is all about the fun of dressing up and of course going out to get some much wanted candy. What kid wouldn't want that?

No comments: