12/17/2007

The Next Generation....

I was looking through my photos and found these.

The newer one was taken in early January 2004. It was only 2 weeks after Kianna was born. There are 5 generations of women here.

Of course, Kianna is the baby in this photo. My great-grandma is holding her. I'm standing behind them. Standing next to me is my mom. Sitting in front of my mom is my grandma.

The older one was taken in 1982 with 5 generations of women (all of whom are the oldest in each generation). Of course in this one, I'm the baby.

My mom sitting in this one and holding me. My grandma is standing behind my mom. Standing beside my grandma is my great-grandma and sitting beside my mom is my great-great-grandma.


I just thought it was really neat that I had a piece of history such as this. I believe this to be a rare item to possess.




4 comments:

Toni Ertl said...

Is that your mum in the background of the pic from '82? I can really see a likeness, especially with the image you had up on the blog until the last revamp.

It's good to be able to get generations together. My mother is the last living grandparent to our son.

Candace said...

My mom is holding me on her lap in the picture from '82. My grandma is standing behind her. Next to my grandma is my great grandma. Then sitting beside my mom is my great-great-grandma.

enji said...

wow, i was actually kind of totally blown away by these photos, because in my mind being alive at the same time as your great-great- grandmother is impossible. my great grandma died when i was 5ish. it blows my mind that you have 5 generations of women in those pictures.

Toni Ertl said...

Ah, I see I have the photos the wrong way round!

*oops*