3/26/2007

If Mary was on Birth Control...

So a friend of mine and I were talking about birth control and how some religions don't agree with the use of it. There is one religion I heard about the other day where they don't believe in birth control because every child born could possibly be the messiah and you don't want to prevent the messiah from being born. These families in the religion are all large. There are maybe 15 kids in one family! That's insane. I have a hard enough time trying to handle two children. We eventually got to the point about how if Mary was on birth control, we'd all be hooped. Of course, as a Christian, I know that God can work around birth control and a friend of mine can agree with that. I also know that Mary had the best form of birth control and that was abstinence. But just imagine....

4 comments:

LJE said...

yeah, i'd say it wouldn't have mattered, as she wasn't having sex, and Jesus' cnception didn't follow the typical pattern, thus birth control or no bc, it could/would have happened.

Angie said...

I think that Mary is the perfect example of why birth control doesn't matter. She was a virgin, yet God wanted to her to have a baby, so he made a baby inside of her.

Candace said...

I think you hit the nail right on the head Angie.

R Sheldon said...

Angie: I think you put it perfectly! I had a couple in my church that decided that after 3 kids they didn’t want anymore so first he got “fixed” and then Bethany came along and then she got her tubes tied and then they had Karinza. So it just goes to show, if God wants you to have kids; all the birth control and what have you in the world isn’t going to make one iota of difference :D Nice thoughts Candace!