3/25/2007

Taco Lunch

Today was the taco lunch that the missions team, which I am a part of, put on for the church. This lunch was a huge fundraising event to build a rehab center in the part of Mexico we are going to. I'd have to say it was very successful. We raised a boatload of money.
My part in this event was what I would title "kitchen co-ordinator". I was making sure that all the food went out as it was supposed to, the tables were properly set, and that everything in general was taken care of. I discovered that despite my great dislike for the food service industry that I did okay today. I've never been in a position before where I was able to delegate responsibility to others. It was fantastic. It also helped that everyone worked as a team and that I never had to ask twice for anything to be accomplished. This was an awesome experience to have with this team. This is only a shadow of things to come as we work as a team in Mexico. If we can keep up this unity then we will surely be on our way to great things. Wow!
The only bad part about today is that my feet are sore and that I still have pink hairspray on my scalp. Oh yeah, we all spraypainted our hair once we reached the $2500 mark and so mine was a lovely hot pink. Needless to say that I showered as soon as I got home.

No comments: