1/31/2008

I need a holiday....

January has been a super long month. I was sick for 28 out of 31 days. My kids and husband have all been sick and are now starting a 3rd round of sickness. Lyndon has strep throat....again, and the kids colds seem to be getting worse again. I've been wiping Spencer's nose on a regular basis for the last 3 days. You wouldn't believe how much cold medication and antibiotics we have gone through in the last month. It's been unreal.

What I need is a weekend where I don't have to take care of anyone but myself. I've been focusing so much energy onto taking care of everyone else that it's getting to be a little overwhelming. Okay, maybe alot.

A weekend or something along those lines would be awesome. Then I'd be refreshed and ready to take care of everyone else again. That's not going to be happening anytime in the the near future.

In the meantime, it seems that my stress levels continue to rise and my energy levels continue to fall. I know that this isn't a good combination but there's really nothing I can do about it.

I've been on the go since before Christmas. There just hasn't been a break.

Maybe people and circumstances will change for the better soon. At least I'd like to think it would. But, at this point, I'm not holding out much hope.

I was hoping that February might be a little better than January, but right now we're starting off on the wrong foot with every one being sick.

Everything's just a little much right now.

Anyway, that's my rant.

Talk to you all soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Taking care of sick kids is hard work. One day is hard, so a month is crazy.