1/27/2008

I need a new T-shirt that says....


"I went on a youth retreat with 60 teenagers and I survived!"

This past weekend as you have probably already guessed, I was away on a retreat with the youth group from my church.

It was awesome!

There are several reasons why.

1. On Friday night before we left the church, the entire youth group sang Happy Birthday to me, presented me with a large signed card, and had me blow out the candles on a beautifully decorated birthday cake. Many thanks to the special young ladies who put the effort into making that happen.

2. The weather was great for a weekend of outdoor activities.

3. The food was amazing! There was even cheesecake for dessert after supper on Saturday. That was even more awesome because the cook made it because it was my birthday.

4. I was made to feel soooo special and appreciated by the entire youth group. There were many "happy birthdays" said, many hugs given, and tonnes of words of appreciation. It really touched me! I love being a part of the lives of these young women. I love them sooo much.

5. This is by far the most important reason.

GOD WAS THERE

We went through a few studies together as small groups. The discussion in my group was always thought provoking and eye opening to everyone involved. We could have used more time for every single one of the three sessions. We spoke about self-image, authentic friendships, and purity. All of these issues being huge in the lives of teenage girls. I believe that there is much life change in the works for each and every one of these young ladies.

Now I get to look forward to hanging out with them again at YC 2008 in Edmonton!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

*gracie* said...

im so pumped for YC!! im so pumped that your coming!!!

enji said...

A) i'm so excited for yc.
B) thankyou for leading our smallgroup- well, beyond a simple thank-you- but seriously, i really love the encouragement and wisdom i find in this group of girls
C) i'm glad you had a fun birthday- even if it was away from home
D) LOVE YOU AUNTIE CANDY!!